How to apply for SU holiday? The Hub has a full guide!

Written by Ludmila Zimermanova

on September 6, 2022

Share this post:

2 min read

Most read on this topic

The effective CV guide 

Written by TheHub

on May 6, 2022

The Most Popular Norwegian Startups in 2022

Written by Milan Demeter

on March 6, 2023

Get your dream job in 7 steps with LinkedIn Personal Branding

Written by TheHub

on May 3, 2022

Learn from us

Want these articles fresh in your inbox? It’ just an email address away.

The author

Ludmila Zimermanova

Hi! My name is Ludmila. I am a young marketer with a passion for entrepreneurship and arts. While finishing my degree in Communication Media and Design in Copenhagen, writing lets me help people on their journey to scale their businesses or start their careers. My responsibilities are also to drive TikTok and provide visuals for our SoMe together with the execution of different campaigns.

If you have failed to work the required number of hours per month, you buckle down and use SU holiday. SU gives you the option to have 6 weeks when the state does not check your working hours. However, before you can apply for an holiday you need to work for at least 3 months in a row.

In case you are still discovering what SU is and plan on applying a bit later do not forget to check out our step-by-step practical guide to getting SU!

When that condition is met, you can divide these 6 weeks to your liking. Not only that, but you can also submit the SU holiday retrospectively. This means that even for past periods, up to a few months prior. All of this must be done through SU.dk.

Skyrocket your career 🚀 Join a startup today!

So, how do I apply for my SU holiday?

In case you want to get SU holiday, inform your employer about this and prepare a form for them to fill out and sign. 

The form needs to include:

  • Your name
  • Your CPR Number
  • Company name
  • Company CVR
  • Period, in which you take your holiday
  • Today’s date
  • Your signature and company-stamped signature

There is no template for this form but these points are the must-haves. Once the form is finalised you upload it through SU.dk and fill out what period you are taking your holiday.

Here is an example of what the form can look like:


If you are in any doubt, you can always contact the SU office through your university or through your e-boks. Good luck!

Share this knowledge

Related articles

When You Get Ghosted As An Applicant: What To Do Next

Waiting for a reply from a job you applied for? You could have been ghosted! What to do next? Let The Hub help you!

7 Things You Need To Do Before Applying For Your Dream Job

Are you looking for a dream job and wondering what you need to have ready before hitting the “apply” button? Let The Hub help you!

Startup student job
Why should every Student get a startup job? 

Do you know the advantages of getting a startup job as a student? for a stellar career, maybe you should consider it, is it for you?

Sign up for The Hub today and start connecting!